Jamie Foxx is 'awake and alert' as he remains hospitalized in Georgia
Jamie Foxx is ‘awake and alert’ as he remains hospitalized in Georgia after suffering a ‘medical complication’ over a week ago
- Foxx, 55, was taken ill in Atlanta where he is filming a movie with Cameron Diaz
- The actor’s family shared the news of his hospitalization last Wednesday
- No details have been released about the nature of his health emergency
Jamie Foxx is ‘awake and alert’ after he was hospitalized following a health scare last week.
A source spoke to People on Friday and gave an update on the 55-year-old actor, who remains at a medical facility in Georgia.
‘He’s OK, thank God,’ the source said. ‘He’s still in the hospital and doctors are running tests but he’s awake and alert. They’re keeping him under observation.’
Foxx was taken ill last Tuesday in Atlanta where he is filming his upcoming Netflix movie Back in Action, alongside Cameron Diaz and Glenn Close.
While his family has shared news of his health scare, they have not provided any details.
On the mend: Jamie Foxx is ‘awake and alert’ after he was hospitalized following a health scare last week; pictured in 2022
However a source previously told People that Foxx was steadily improving.
Fans were initially alerted about the health scare when the actor’s daughter Corinne Foxx shared a grave statement on social media earlier this month.
The 29-year-old actress wrote, ‘We wanted to share that, my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday.
‘Luckily, due to quick action and great care, he is already on his way to recovery,’ she continued.
‘We know how beloved he is and appreciate your prayers. The family asks for privacy during this time,’ the statement concluded.
At the time, sources confirmed to TMZ that Foxx’s condition was serious enough to require him to go to a hospital.
Limited details have been shared and it’s unclear what symptoms the comedian may have been suffering from.
Regaining his strength: A source spoke to People and revealed that the actor was ‘still in the hospital and doctors are running tests but he’s awake and alert. They’re keeping him under observation’; pictured in 2014
Hoping for the best: While his family has shared news of his health scare, they have not provided any details. However a source previously told People that Foxx is steadily improving; he is seen in March
CNN previously reported tests were being conducted to determine what led to his health scare and that the actor was under observation at the hospital.
‘They are running tests and still trying to figure out what exactly happened,’ an insider said.
Despite his improving condition, there’s no word yet on when he will be able to leave the hospital or get back to filming.
The film has been marketed as the return to acting for his co-star Cameron Diaz, whom he helped to lure out of retirement, though she reportedly plans to retire for good after a string of catastrophes on the film set.
Glenn Close is also featured in the film.
The hospitalization was serious enough that the actor’s family came from out of town to be with him.
One source told TMZ, ‘He’s communicating now, and that’s good news,’ which may imply that he was at one point unable to communicate due to the medical emergency.
Foxx shares his daughter Corinne with his ex-girlfriend Connie Kline. He also has a 13-year-old daughter Annalise, whom he shares with Kristin Grannis.
His latest film shoot in Atlanta appears to have been a surprisingly stressful ordeal for the Baby Driver actor, as well as his colleagues.
Breaking: Fans were initially alerted about the health scare when the actor’s daughter Corinne Foxx shared a grave statement on social media this past Wednesday; pictured in 2019
Grave: The 29-year-old actress wrote, ‘We wanted to share that, my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday’
It was reported last month that Foxx ‘had an absolute meltdown’ while the film was shooting in the UK, which led to the firing of multiple people.
He reportedly booted an executive producer from the project, along with two directors and even his own driver.
According to The Sun, one staffer was fired in relation to an apparent scam to access £33,000 in cash from the actor, which was reportedly in relation to the sale of a Rolex watch.
There was even more drama when it was revealed that production was paused last month after an unexploded WWII-era bomb was discovered on the film’s set in London, just before two major action scenes were set to be filmed.
Source: Read Full Article