Jenna Dewan flashes her toned tummy in a bra top

Jenna Dewan, 40, flashes her toned tummy in a bra top as she reveals she is on the trendy 80/20 diet: ‘I don’t deprive myself but I try to choose healthy’

Jenna Dewan has not neglected her movie star body during quarantine.

The Step Up actress shared with the March issue of Women’s Health – on newsstands February 9 – that she has kept up a routine of dancing, Pilates and healthy eating even when the stress from two kids builds up.

And the 40-year-old also shared that she has been on the popular 80-20 diet.

Fit and fabulous: Jenna Dewan has not neglected her movie star body during quarantine. The Step Up actress shared with the March issue of Women’s Health – on newsstands February 9 – that she has kept up a routine of dancing, Pilates and healthy eating even when the stress from two kids builds up


Balance is key: And the 40-year-old also shared that she has been on the 80-20 diet

That is basically eating healthy meals 80% of the time, and have more freedom with the other 20%, according to webmd. 

‘I don’t deprive myself. But I try to choose healthy most of the time,’ said the siren. 

She works out often, preferring Pilates, a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates – he called it Contrology.

‘It gets you fit so fast, and you just feel stronger,’ said Jenna.

Weekend fun: That is basically eating healthy meals 80% of the time, and have more freedom with the other 20%, according to webmd

She puts in the work: She also said she loves to do Pilates because it works out her core

‘The dancer in me really likes it because it activates the same muscles in my core. You feel things all just start to go where they’re meant to go,’ she explained.

And she dances at home too: ‘I’m always dancing, even in the kitchen. 

‘Callum laughs and smiles when I dance, especially when I give him a good hair whip. It’s as if it’s the funniest thing that ever happened. And Evie’s always like, Dance party time!’

The star, who was photographed by Eric Ray Davidson for Women’s Health, shares going with the flow has taken her down a path to greater self-acceptance. 

Healthy gal: ‘I don’t deprive myself. But I try to choose healthy most of the time,’ said the siren

In the past three years she split from Channing Tatum, fell for fiancé Steve Kazee and had a second baby:

‘I got here by following the flow. I’ve really been big on that. I know when I’m swimming upstream and fighting it.’

And Dewan uses ‘breathwork’ to deal with anxiety. 

‘It’s very effective for stress. You’re creating this rush of oxygen through your nervous system. It can be a little uncomfortable at first, but once you get passed that, you really open yourself up.’ 

Dancing queen: And she dances at home too: ‘I’m always dancing, even in the kitchen. ‘Callum laughs and smiles when I dance, especially when I give him a good hair whip. It’s as if it’s the funniest thing that ever happened. And Evie’s always like, Dance party time!’

Her trick: And Dewan uses ‘breathwork’ to deal with anxiety. ‘It’s very effective for stress. You’re creating this rush of oxygen through your nervous system. It can be a little uncomfortable at first, but once you get passed that, you really open yourself up’

She also talked about giving birth to her second child, Callum, in March 2020, just days before stay-at-home orders went into effect.

‘I was in this postpartum-haze bubble, then a week later, everything just shut down,’ she shared.

‘It was new; it was different; it was kind of scary. But we were all in it together.’ 

She had an idea how it would go, and then it all changed. 

‘I had this grand idea that with this baby, I’m going to have friends and family over all the time. Talk about expectations and having to surrender.’

Now she welcomes the break. 

‘I’ve learned for the very first time what it means to actually be quiet. I’ve never been a homebody, and I love it.’

Good mommy: She also talked about giving birth to her second child, Callum, in March 2020, just days before stay-at-home orders went into effect. ‘I was in this postpartum-haze bubble, then a week later, everything just shut down,’ she shared

She also said her cooking skills have not improved under lockdown. 

‘In the beginning of quarantine, I was trying to cook more. But then people in the house were like, ‘You’ve got a lot of strengths. I don’t know if cooking in one of them…’

In December she turned 40, and she still feels great.

‘I feel better in my skin. I feel more grounded in my body. I feel excited for this next decade and what is available to create. Even in this crazy year, I still have that feeling.’

On leaving things up to fate: ‘You can’t really control how life is going to look – you just know how you want to feel.

‘I am in no way at that point where I’m like, “I’ve got it all figured out.”

‘I’m still learning more about myself every single day: what I want, how I want to experience it. All of that is in flux. I am not one of those people who thinks change doesn’t happen. Instead, I own it, I’m happy with it, and I’m excited to see what develops from it.’

40 is fab: In December she turned 40, and she still feels great. ‘I feel better in my skin. I feel more grounded in my body. I feel excited for this next decade and what is available to create. Even in this crazy year, I still have that feeling’

Source: Read Full Article