Learn More About Big Shot’s Darcy Rose Byrnes With 10 Fun Facts (Exclusive)
Darcy Rose Byrnes is lending all of her talents to the Disney+ series Big Shot!
The actress plays Harper in the series, and she doesn’t just act on screen in the show.
Darcy is also a singer / songwriter and she contributed to the music in the new episode, “Everything to Me,” which just premiered TODAY (June 4).
In the episode, Marvyn (John Stamos) teaches the girls a lesson: never underestimate your opponent. Emma auditions for the play.
For the audition, Darcy wrote and arranged multiple numbers, including the school play audition piece performed by herself as Harper, and by Emma (Sophia Mitri Schloss).
“Big Shot is very empowering of women and that translates to behind the camera too,” Darcy told JJJ. “Before this show, I was an untried songwriter. What I pitched for Mouse to sing is simple and pure because it’s written from her voice.”
“So to then ask me to write 4 songs for Beth Macbeth (which is vastly different in tone and composition) was a risk. Being given a (big) shot to show what I can do means everything to me,” she added.
While speaking with Darcy Rose Byrnes about the episode and her musical involvement, we also got to know 10 Fun Facts about her. Check them out below!
Darcy has also lent her voice to Sofia The First and Elena of Avalor as the singing voice of Princess Amber, Ikki in The Legend of Korra and Maricela in Spirit: Riding Free. She also played Penny Scavo, Felicity Huffman‘s daughter, on Desperate Housewives, as well as having roles on The Young and the Restless, How I Met Your Mother, The Bold and the Beautiful and so much more.
- 1. I have a parrot named Mr. GreenBurd who sings opera and says bad words.
- 2. I crochet amigurumis (cute little stuffed animals with eyes.) I was taught how on the set of Ghost Whisperer.
- 3. I’m a bit of a contortionist.
- 4. I make the meanest pot of tea and coffee concoctions you’ve ever tasted. But I can’t cook.
- 5. Went to RADA to study Shakespeare. My love for ‘Bill’ was one of the reasons I was asked to write the Beth Macbeth songs.
- 6. Best Halloween ever: When I was 10 (and 11) years old, my Aunt from Salem came out to LA and we dressed up as Glinda and Elphaba from Wicked, and then swapped characters the next year.
- 7. I play about 20 instruments and I only learned to play the flute because of my love for Jethro Tull. Oh, but I never learned to ride a bike.
- 8. I’m a duel citizen! Ireland and the USA.
- 9. I started working at 9 months old and was pre-nominated for an Emmy at 7 years old for my work on The Young and the Restless.
- 10. I can sing in the whistle register but can’t whistle.
Be sure to check out Darcy Rose Byrnes as Harper on Big Shot, now streaming on Disney+!
Source: Read Full Article