Potential Conte successor drops big hint he wants to leave current club
Chelsea target Maurizio Sarri is to move to the Premier League because he is bored of Serie A.
Napoli coach Sarri is on the Blues’ shortlist to replace Antonio Conte this summer after leading the Naples side’s best title tilt since the days of Diego Maradona.
Their challenge effectively ended this weekend though, when Juventus came from 2-1 down for a controversial 3-2 win over Inter Milan, before Napoli lost 3-0 at Fiorentina.
The Turin club are now four points clear with three games to go and set to win a SEVENTH successive domestic championship.
And a frustrated Sarri said: “The only hope is that, in life, everything has to end sometime! Sooner or later, the domination will end.
“I must say, seeing the Premier League have this constant alternation of winners every year, it grows the love for teams and makes everyone have hope of success. It’s a different situation here in Italy.
“The risk is that we’ll lose many fans, because they cheer on teams that will never win and they know that too well.
“If we impoverish the whole system, then the rich will be impoverished too.”
Sarri, a former bank worker who replaced Rafa Benitez at Napoli in 2015, has attracted many admirers for their high-energy style over the last three seasons. But the 59-year-old has yet to improve his £1.3m-a-year contract, which includes a £7m buyout clause until May 31.
Meanwhile, the agent of former Chelsea target Kalidou Koulibaly said the centre-back’s future could also depend on Sarri’s future.
“It’s important to understand how the season will end, because important players want to play the Champions League,” said Bruno Satin.
“Is Koulibaly worth €100m? The market and [Napoli president] Aurelio De Laurentiis will decide, because Kalidou has no release clause. It’s difficult to make predictions now — plus there’s also a need to understand what Sarri will do.”
Who should replace Antonio Conte at Chelsea?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Source: Read Full Article