Rita Ora splashes out on luxury six-bedroom mansion in north London
Rita Ora splashes out £8million on luxury six-bedroom ‘haunted’ mansion in north London… after her Covid rule-breaking scandals in the capital
- The singer, 30, has bought the six-bedroom Victorian home
- The property is believed to be haunted, according to a previous owner
- Rita’s current west London home is thought to be on the market for £3 million
- It comes after the star was branded ‘selfish’ by police for holding a lockdown-flouting 30th birthday bash at west London restaurant Casa Cruz in November
Rita Ora has splashed £8million out on a ‘haunted’ mansion in north London.
The singer and model, 30, has bought the six-bedroom Victorian home, after she was caught breaking Covid lockdown rules in the capital twice last year.
Rita – who is currently in Australia – is said to have made the purchase with the help of a loan from the Queen’s bank Coutts & Co, which offers private banking and wealth management services for high net worth individuals.
News of her new purchase comes as the star deleted all the images from her Instagram account, sparking speculation among fans that she is set to release new music, while insiders told MailOnline she is seeking ‘a fresh start’.
Lavish living: Rita Ora, 30, has splashed out on luxury six-bedroom mansion which is said to be haunted in north London
Splashing out: The singer and model, 30, bought the six-bedroom Victorian home, after she was caught breaking Covid lockdown rules in the capital twice last year
According to The Mirror, Rita’s company Rora Properties purchased the property, built in the Arts and Crafts style, with the help of a loan from Coutts & Co.
The superstar singer’s dad Besnik is said to have witnessed the mortgage document which was signed on Friday, according to documents lodged with Companies House.
According to The Sun, the seller of the mansion had previously said: ‘People definitely believe they hear strange things here at night.
The publication also claims that her current home, a £3 million penthouse in West London, is on the market and, is set to make her a £500,000 profit, if it sells.
Ka-ching! The singer is said to have made the purchase with the help of a loan from the Queen’s bank Coutts & Co, which offers private banking for high net worth individuals
During Rita’s quarantine in Australia she has taken to the photosharing site to erase every single image from the page. Soon after the erasure, eagle-eyed fans took to Twitter to speculate, with many claiming the move was a teaser for new music.
After repeatedly coming under fire for flouting coronavirus rules in recent months, insiders told MailOnline that she was hoping for ‘a fresh start’, just days after it was revealed she had lost 200k followers due to her rule breaking.
Her extravagant purchase and deletion comes after the star was branded ‘selfish’ by British police for holding a lockdown-flouting 30th birthday bash at west London restaurant Casa Cruz in November.
The party came amid another rule break, as she had previously flown by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel.
Ctrl Alt De-RIT! During Rita’s quarantine in Australia she has taken to the photosharing site to erase every single image from the page. Soon after the erasure, eagle-eyed fans took to Twitter to speculate, with many claiming the move was a teaser for new music
Excited: Fans asked if she was set to release music
She returned the next day and under Government quarantine rules should have self-isolated for 14 days. Instead, she threw a birthday party on November 28 at the exclusive Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill.
For this she apologised with the following statement: ‘Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday.
‘It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK… I’m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.
Rule breaker: The extravagant purchase comes after British police branded Rita ‘selfish’ for holding a lockdown-flouting 30th birthday bash at London restaurant Casa Cruz in November (Rita pictured on her birthday)
‘This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.
‘I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe. Even though this won’t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.’
The infamous birthday party at Casa Cruz saw Rita branded ‘selfish’, being fined £10,000, the manager of the restaurant sacked and the venue facing losing its licence.
She was also forced into another grovelling apology for breaching strict coronavirus rules by flying to Cairo and not isolating on return.
Flouting lockdown: Rita was caught twice flouting lockdown rules in November. The Mail On Sunday revealed that prior to her birthday bash, the singer flew by private jet to Cairo on November 21 to perform at the five-star W Hotel
Rita said: ‘I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities.
‘Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed Government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn’t follow Government advice and… I apologise again, unreservedly.
‘While I realise the apologetic words of a pop star might not carry much weight, especially one who has broken the rules like I have, I do realise some might seek to follow my example.
‘My message to them is simple: please don’t. The guilt and shame I’ve carried this week for my mistake aren’t worth it. Instead, continue to listen to the Government advice and the voices of the heroes of the NHS and take the required precautions.’
I’m sorry: Rita offered an apology on social media and said she felt ‘particularly embarrassed’ after her party was revealed
She added: ‘I hope to one day make it up to the public who have given me so much support over the years and, in particular, make it up to the heroes of the NHS…
‘In the meantime, I will be donating my fee from Egypt to charity. Be better than I have been and learn from my mistakes so you don’t have to learn the hard way yourselves.’
Rita is now in Australia ahead of filming for her judging role on The Voice and is believed to be spending her two-week isolation period at the the five star Meriton Suites Pitt Street hotel.
The singer was permitted to leave the UK during lockdown because she flew to Sydney for work commitments, and will become a coach on the Australian version of the hit singing competition.
Rita is now isolating in the hotel after landing, to adhere to the country’s strict travel regulations amid the global coronavirus pandemic.
Yikes! She was also forced into another grovelling apology for breaching strict coronavirus rules by flying to Cairo and not isolating on return
Explaining that there was no way for the star to get out of quarantining on arrival, a source told The Sun: ‘It’s very clear how seriously the Australians are taking their border control, and there are no risks taken at all.
‘They have no time for rule-breakers. Border agents and the military are involved — and she had to comply.’
Prior to her trip, a source also told the publication: ‘It’s obviously a bit of a pain but she knows she will have to do it just like everyone else. She’s excited to start work on The Voice but nobody is going to let her do that until she has done the quarantine, so it’s one of those things.’
They added: ‘She’s had enough controversy after the birthday incident so just wants to keep her head down now and get back to work.’
Source: Read Full Article