1.30pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Saul Niguez £150,000-a-week contract offer, Jadon Sancho LATEST, away kit released – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED are reportedly back in the hunt for Atletico Madrid's Saul Niguez following the Spanish club's shock exit from the Champions League.

And the Red Devils are still looking for a breakthrough with Dortmund in negotiations for Jadon Sancho.

Get all the latest updates and gossip from Old Trafford here…

  • AWAY WE GO

    Manchester United have officially released their away kit, which they will wear in tomorrow's Europa League semi-final with Sevilla.

  • SANCHO LATEST

    Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke remains adamant his club's position on Jadon Sancho will not change.

    Dortmund set Manchester United a August 10 deadline to reach their £110million asking price.

    However, United did not follow up their £90million bid for the 20-year-old last month.

    Watzke said: “Sancho staying is set in stone, we will not discuss the details.

    “What I can say is if [director of football Michael] Zorc talks about a definite decision, it is definite. There is no room for interpretation.”

  • NO SMALL CHANGE

    Man United will demand £20million for Chris Smalling this summer.

    The ex-Fulham defender has spent this season on loan at Roma and the Serie A side were hopeful of keeping him at the Stadio Olimpico.

    However, with Roma only willing to pay United £15million for Smalling, a permanent move to the Giallorossi now seems unlikely.

    Inter Milan have also been credited with an interest in the 30-year-old, who has two years left on his current deal at Old Trafford.

  • GIFT OF THE GAB

    Lille have rejected an £18million bid from Everton for Manchester United target Gabriel Magalhaes.

    Napoli, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City have also been linked with the Brazilian centre-back.

    United are thought to have made contact with the 22-year-old's entourage but Arsenal and Napoli are thought to be leading the race with Lille wanting closer to £27million.

    Lille sporting director Gerard Lopez has reaffirmed Gabriel's future likely lies elsewhere in Europe.

    He said: “The way we work is very simple. We explain to him and his agent what we are looking for, and once we get those offers, the choice is his, like we did with Nico [Pepe] and Victor [Osimhen].”

  • SERB SWERVE

    Reports Manchester United have snapped up Partizan Belgrade teenager Filip Stevanovic are wide of the mark.

    It had been reported by the Serbian outlet Telegraf United had agreed a £10.8million deal for the 17-year-old winger.

    The Telegraf claimed the Red Devils would loan Stevanovic back to Partizan for the 2020-21 season.

    However, these rumours have turned out to be false, as confirmed by a source at the club.

  • NO CHIL

    Manchester United are attempting to hijack Chelsea's move for Leicester left-back Ben Chilwell, according to The Mirror.

    An approach from United for the 23-year-old is unlikely to be ignored by the Blues, who have had Chilwell in their sights for months.

    Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly hoping to revamp his defence this summer and is known to be a fan of the £80million-rated Foxes defender.

    United have played Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams on the left this season but reuniting Chilwell with former teammate Harry Maguire at the back may appeal.

  • HEART AND SAUL

    Manchester United are ready to have another go at signing Atletico Madrid's Saul Niguez, according to reports.

    The Star claim United have a £150,000-a-week contract offer ready to go if Saul decides he wants to join.

    The midfielder was a top target last summer and the Red Devils would hope to agree a fee of around £70m.

    Old Trafford bosses also believe that Atleti's dismal Champions League quarter-final defeat to RB Leipzig may influence Saul's thinking.

    Diego Simeone's men were favourites to progress to the final from the easier half of the draw but didn't get out of first gear as they went down 2-1.

    After the match, Saul said: “It hurts to lose, but our rivals were better in the game. They raised the tempo and we did not know how to react. They were superior to us, and at times we were not even close to stopping them.”

  • MORNING MAN UTD FANS

    Manchester United continue to chase Jadon Sancho… but Borussia Dortmund staff members keep rubbishing the prospect of their English star leaving the club this summer.

    Following Michael Zorc and Sebastian Kehl, this time it was chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke that reiterated Sancho’s commitment – while panning pundits Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves in the process.

    He said: “This is what experts like Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves claim.

    “They were great footballers, and they are football experts. But I don't know if they are transfer experts too.

    “That Sancho stays with BVB is set in stone.”

    Meanwhile, United could be set for horrific fixture congestion next season – if they win the Europa League and qualify for the European Super Cup.

    The European trophy clash will take place on September 24.

    That is just TWO days after the third round of the Carabao Cup.

    And another TWO days before the third game week of the new Premier League season.

    Ahead of their Europa League semi-final clash with Sevilla, boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted that his team aren’t suffering from fatigue.

    He said: “Physically we’re fine, all the teams have played many games anyway.

    “Now it’s about who is mentally strongest. You can look at the opponent and know they’re tired but you want them feeling more tired than you.

    “You’ve got to be strong mentally, concentrated and focused, and any of these games can be, and will be, decided on a marginal decision or finishing.

    “We’ve just got to keep them focused with the right attitude.”

  • ICYMI – WAT ARE THEY ON ABOUT

    Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has become the latest member of the club's hierarchy to insist that Jadon Sancho will remain at the club for the 2020-21 season – and in doing so had a pop at pundits Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves.

    The former United pair both bigged up their former club's chances of signing the 20-year-old while working for BT Sport… but Watzke is having none of it.

    He said: “This is what experts like Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves claim.

    “They were great footballers, and they are football experts. But I don't know if they are transfer experts too.

    “That Sancho stays with BVB is set in stone.”

  • SAUL OR NOTHING

    Manchester United are interested in signing Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid this summer, according to reports.

    The Red Devils have long admired the £70m-rated ace, although failed to get close to agreeing a deal last year.

    But according to the Daily Star, United are set to “revive” their interest in the coming weeks.

  • CHRIS CROSSROADS

    Chris Smalling has not given up on making a permanent move to AS Roma, according to reports.

    The Englishman enjoyed an excellent loan spell with the Serie A side, but Roma have been unable to negotiate a fee to extend the move.

    But according to DiMarzio, Smalling's heart remains set on Roma, and US tycoon Dan Friedkin's takeover of the Italian club could give them the funds to make the deal happen.

  • WHAT'S THE DILL?

    Manchester United youngster Dillon Hoogewerf has taken to Instagram to defend Jesse Lingard.

    The England international has received much criticism for his form over the last 18 months.

    But in a post on social media, Hoogewerf shared an image with the following statements written.

    “Lingard is looking after his daughter and 2 14-year-old siblings.

    “He has also been taking care of his mother and grandmother who are very ill.

    “Can't we just support him and motivate him instead of making him a subject to troll?”

  • WHEN ALL'S SAID AND DON

    Manchester United target Donny van de Beek has spoken out on his future.

    The Dutchman said: “It is very messy, in any case a very messy period in terms of transfers.

    “Nothing is certain yet. I am still a player of Ajax and I am still proud to be there.

    “If there had not been the coronavirus, it might have been different now. There is no clarity now and we have to wait and see how it turns out.

    “I’m still here and after all these years I still have a lot of fun. If I also play at Ajax next season, I still have a lot of fun. You won’t hear me complaining.”

  • ON MERET

    Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret's agent has spoken out on his client's future, amid recent links to Manchester United.

    He told Rai Sport: “Going from Udinese to Napoli [in 2018], he made a big decision.

    “Our contact with Napoli has been constant, but someone at his age needs to play.

    “We are willing to go out on loan to play, if necessary.”

  • GETTING THEIR FIL

    Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Serbian winger Filip Stevanovic, according to reports.

    Outlet Republika claim that the Red Devils will pay £10.8m to prise him from Partizan Belgrade.

    But they also claim that Stevanovic, 17, will be loaned back to the Serbian club for another year before linking up with United.

  • 'A JOKER'

    Ousmane Dembele would be a good signing for Man United should they miss out on Jadon Sancho, according to Brazilian legend Rivaldo.

    He wrote in a column for Betfair: “Ousmane Dembele has travelled with Barca to Lisbon and there is a a chance we'll see him play against Bayern.

    “He could be what I call a 'joker' for Barcelona, coming off the bench to affect the match, as he is very talented.

    “There are rumours about him leaving the club at the end of the season, but while he is around, the manager should use him.

    “Manchester United are rumoured to be interested in him after having difficulties in their bid to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. Dembele could be a good option for United. He's very quick and talented, and I believe he could prosper in the Premier League.”

  • WAT ARE THEY ON ABOUT

    Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has become the latest member of the club's hierarchy to insist that Jadon Sancho will remain at the club for the 2020-21 season – and in doing so had a pop at pundits Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves.

    The former United pair both bigged up their former club's chances of signing the 20-year-old while working for BT Sport… but Watzke is having none of it.

    He said: “This is what experts like Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves claim.

    “They were great footballers, and they are football experts. But I don't know if they are transfer experts too.

    “That Sancho stays with BVB is set in stone.”

  • BUSY BEES

    Manchester United and Manchester City face a horror fixture pile-up if they reach the Uefa Super Cup final.

    The European trophy clash will take place on September 24.

    That is just TWO days after the third round of the Carabao Cup.

    And another TWO days before the third game week of the new Premier League season.

    Should United win the Europa League or City win the Champions League, there will be a real headache for match makers.

    And if they are both victorious in their respective competitions, it could see the two Manchester sides forced to field different teams just like Liverpool last season with the Carabao Cup and Club World Cup.

  • WE'RE NO 'CHO-KERS

    Manchester United are still continuing negotiations over a tilt for Jadon Sancho, according to reports.

    That is despite Borussia Dortmund declaring the deal dead in the water.

    According to the Standard, Old Trafford chiefs will continue in talks with the Bundesliga club over the transfer.

    But Ed Woodward and his colleagues have been frustrated with the glacial progress of talks, while Dortmund have been extremely keen to remind them over their August 10 deadline, which has elapsed.

  • NEW BEGINNINGS FOR HEND?

    Manchester United fans are claiming Dean Henderson is officially staying at Old Trafford next season – because his image is on their app.

    The Red Devils have been pondering whether to send Henderson out on loan next term, after his successful stint at Sheffield United.

    Both Henderson and David De Gea kept 13 clean sheets last season in the Premier League.

    And now the Englishman, 23, has had his head and shoulders picture uploaded on to the profile on the Man Utd app.

  • SO LONG CHONG

    Tahith Chong is due to sign for Werder Bremen on a one-year loan today.

    The Dutch youngster is being farmed out to the Bundesliga side to gain more experience after signing a new deal at Old Trafford, giving the club a one-year extra option, keeping him at United til 2023.

    The right-winger, 20, is clearly in need of experience to see if he can step up to the next level, and Werder should provide the perfect platform for him.

  • POGBACK FOR GOOD?

    New Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo is reportedly ready to make a £90million move for Manchester United star Paul Pogba.

    Club legend Pirlo recently replaced Maurizio Sarri as Juve boss, and he is keen for a reunion with former team-mate Pogba.

    The two played together in midfield for two season during Pogba's time with the Old Lady.

    And according to Tuttosport, Pogba is a “favourite” of Pirlo's and the French midfielder “would gladly return to Juventus” now Pirlo is boss.

    Any bid may rely on Juve flogging one of their player however, with Paulo Dybala once again rumoured to be on his way out.

    Spanish champs Real Madrid are poised to strengthen their forward line this summer.

  • WE'RE NOT TIRED

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that his United squad are not tired going into the Europa League semi-final against Sevilla.

    That is despite starting their season on August 11 last year.

    The Norwegian said: “Physically we’re fine, all the teams have played many games anyway.

    “Now it’s about who is mentally strongest. You can look at the opponent and know they’re tired but you want them feeling more tired than you.

    “You’ve got to be strong mentally, concentrated and focused, and any of these games can be, and will be, decided on a marginal decision or finishing.

    “We’ve just got to keep them focused with the right attitude.”

  • LUK'S ON THEIR SIDE

    Manchester United rejects Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez and Ashley Young will be out for revenge if they meet their old club in the Europa League final, Dimitar Berbatov has warned.

    The trio have all been snapped up by Antonio Conte’s Inter Milan this season after being shown the Old Trafford exit door.

    The former Red Devils striker, 39, who scored 56 times in 149 games for them, told Betfair: “Lukaku is a concern for me, he’s scored 23 goals for Inter this season which is a great achievement.

    “I always said I liked him as a player, that if he got chances he would score goals.

    “Inter also have Alexis Sanchez and Ashley Young, who will know United very well.

    “If they play United in the final, these players will want revenge, to show United that they were wrong to let them go.”

  • BUY NOW OR LOSE OUT

    Manchester United’s hopes of signing Jadon Sancho were dashed by news Borussia Dortmund believe Real Madrid and Barcelona will enter the fray.

    The Mirror reports the German side think the El Clasico rivals could come knocking for Sancho NEXT summer.

    Dortmund have reportedly moved to extend Sancho’s contract until 2023 as they look to secure his future.

Source: Read Full Article