Man Utd transfer blow as target Arkadiusz Milik joins Marseille in loan transfer with £10.6m guarantee to buy
MANCHESTER UNITED target Arkadiusz Milik has joined Marseille on loan from Napoli until June 2022.
And the Ligue 1 side have an obligation to buy the striker for £10.6million at the end of the period.
The Polish forward flew to France earlier this week to complete his medical.
And Napoli announced the deal had been done on Thursday morning.
The Serie A side tweeted: "Napoli announces that the footballer Arkadiusz Milik has been transferred, on a temporary basis until 30 June 2022 with obligation of redemption, to Olympique de Marseille."
Marseille will pay around £7million at the end of the loan period with the remaining £3.6m being made up in in bonuses.
And they will also reportedly have to pay 20 per cent of any future sale to Napoli.
The 26-year-old has not played for the Italians this season having been left out of their Serie A and Champions League squads.
He joined Napoli from Ajax in 2016 and scored 48 goals in all competitions.
Marseille have not won in three games and have dropped to sixth in Ligue 1 – ten points off leaders Paris Saint-Germain.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
Man Utd were heavily linked with the Poland international in the summer and were said to have held talks over a £25million move.
Tottenham were chasing the former Bayer Leverkusen man too but cooled their interest after they signed Carlos Vinicius instead.
Milik fluffed a trial at Spurs in 2011.
He didn't have an ideal childhood, and was abandoned by his dad as a young boy.
By the age of six he allegedly smoked and shoplifted, as it appeared he was going wayward.
However, it was a Polish football coach who saw his talent and helped him achieve his dream of becoming a footballer.
And he could've ended up at Tottenham – who were said to be willing to pay £25m for the target man – earlier on in his career.
However, an unsuccessful trial as a teen, under the watchful eye of former manager Harry Redknapp, meant Spurs didn't fancy paying his then £100,000 fee.
Everton were also linked at the end of last season with Carlo Ancelotti keen to provide competition for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
⚽ Read our Man United live blog for the latest news from Old Trafford
Source: Read Full Article