Southampton vs Newcastle: Magpies looking to end trophy drought as they face Carabao semi-final – Stream, TV info, odds | The Sun
NEWCASTLE are up against Southampton in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final.
The Magpies are looking to win their first major trophy since 1969 and have a brilliant opportunity to do so this season.
Eddie Howe's men have been in spectacular form all season, losing just twice in all competitions.
Southampton are rock bottom of the Premier League and lost 4-1 to Newcastle when the two sides played each other at St Mary's in October.
But the Saints were fantastic in beating Manchester City in the quarter-finals to set up their two-legged tie with Newcastle.
Whoever comes out on top will travel to Wembley at the end of February for the final, where they will play Manchester United or Nottingham Forest.
When is Southampton vs Newcastle?
- Southampton's home clash against Newcastle will take place on Tuesday, January 24.
- The match will kick off at 8pm UK time.
- The first leg will be held at St Mary's Stadium.
- The second leg will be held on Tuesday, January 31.
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Southampton vs Newcastle will be shown live on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the NOW TV or Sky Go apps, both of which are available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Bruno Guimaraes looks set to start again for the Magpies after recovering from an ankle injury he picked up in the win over Fulham earlier this month.
Matt Targett, Jonjo Shelvey and Emil Krafth are all out of contention as they are still struggling with injuries.
Most read in Football
Arsenal transfer target Kiwior & 'twerking fiancee' spotted at Man Utd clash
Haaland beats Salah & Son's Golden Boot tally… with HALF A SEASON to play
Conte 'to quit Spurs at end of season with club not offering him new deal'
Man Utd Treble winner looks unrecognisable with huge beard as he poses with beer
Alexander Isak and and Allan Saint-Maximin could both start for Eddie Howe's side.
Che Adams is the competition's top scorer and he is expected to start with quarter-final hero Sekou Mara.
- Southampton 90 mins – 15/4
- Draw 90 mins – 5/2
- Newcastle 90 mins – 3/4
- Southampton to qualify – 5/1
- Newcastle to qualify – 1/8
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct at time of publication.
Source: Read Full Article