Transfer news LIVE: West Ham COMPLETE signing – Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Everton LATEST gossip and rumours – The Sun

TRANSFER NEWS is picking up with the domestic football season on the verge of reaching its conclusion.

The window will open on July 27 and close in October.

Follow all the latest gossip and rumours below…

  • BREAKING

    West Ham have completed the signing of Tomas Soucek after his goals helped ensure Premier League survival this season, writes DUNCAN WRIGHT.

    Czech international Soucek has made a huge impact at the London Stadium since arriving on loan in January – and his three goals since the resumption of the season played a major role in ensuring the Hammers avoided the drop.

    Staying in the Premier League activated the clause which had seen West Ham agree to pay Slavia Prague £19.14million to make the deal permanent if their top flight status was secured.

    Soucek, 25, has signed a contract until 2024 and boss David Moyes believes he can continue to make an impression in England now his permanent signing has been confirmed.

    Moyes said: “I always believed he would be staying, it was subject to us staying in the Premier League and I believed we would remain a Premier League club.

    “I never had any great worries about him.”

  • REAL OPPORTUNITY

    Kylian Mbappe is looking to make the switch to Real Madrid next summer, according to reports.

    The Frenchman wants to stay at Paris Saint-Germain this season and head to the Spanish capital in 2021.

    According to AS, after being offered a long-term contract at Parc des Princes Mbappe told the club: “I need more time to think.”

    The Spanish media are convinced he is thinking of joining Zinedine Zidane’s team, where he can emulate Cristiano Ronaldo as the club’s marquee player.

    He told BeIn Sports: “I am here in Paris and I want to be part of the project.

    “I will be at PSG next season and I will try to win as many titles as possible. I am in the fourth year of the project.”

  • NICKO, CLEAR THIS ONE UP

    Let's let the Boss of Goss explain why Toure was wearing an Orient shirt.

  • TOURIENT EXPRESS

    Yaya Toure has shocked fans by training in Leyton Orient kit as he aims to get fit for the 2020-21 season.

    The 37-year-old has been without a club since leaving Chinese second-tier side Qingdao Huanghai earlier this year.

    But the Manchester City legend appeared ready for business as he adorned the red training kit of League Two Orient to get down to work.

    And even the Brisbane Road side's Twitter admin could hardly believe it, tweeting “Yaya Touré lads. Bloody hell.” in accompaniment to one of the pictures.

    Fans could scarcely believe their eyes either, struggling to conceal their shocked reactions.

    One responded: “Haha! What's going on there? I can't think of a good reason why he's in our training gear.”

  • PRICE SERG

    Sergio Ramos is using a lucrative offer from an unnamed Chinese club in order to force Real Madrid into handing him a handsome new deal, according to reports.

    The 170-cap Spanish defender has just one year remaining on his £210,000-a-week deal at the Bernabeu.

    And according to Sport, the 34-year-old's representatives have leaked details of a £385k-a-week offer from a Chinese Super League club, in order to force Real Madrid's hand in the drawn out negotiations.

    Ramos is chasing a two-year extension, and wants a pay rise to make him the club's top earner.

    Gareth Bale is currently Madrid's highest-paid player on around £300k-a-week – but Ramos' demands of a £315k weekly salary would see him top this figure.

  • MES BE JOKING

    Fenerbahce reportedly want to pay Arsenal £52,000-a-week of Mesut Ozil’s wages to secure a loan move – despite the player earning SEVEN times that amount.

    The German playmaker has fallen out of favour at the Emirates, not making a single appearance since the Premier League restart in June.

    He has been linked with a move to Fenerbahce, but his £350,00-a-week wages causes a stumbling bloke for any transfer away from Arsenal.

    According to Marca, the Turkish giants want to try and seal a loan move for the 31-year-old, but can only afford to contribute to a fraction of his wages.

    They are prepared to pay £3m of Ozil’s salary a year, but he pockets around £18m annually.

    Ozil has one year left on his Arsenal contract and is adamant he will honour it.

  • McLOVIN’

    Manchester United are reportedly confident of poaching 600-goal academy striker from rivals Man City.

    The England youth ace is set to leave the Etihad, having rejected a professional deal.

    As reported by the The Daily Mail, McNeill does not turn 17 until September, therefore the two rivals will have to hash out a fee or risk the financials being decided at a tribunal.

    The Manchester outfits have reached a stalemate in their talks and it is understood that the whizkid will cost a hefty seven-figure sum given his scintillating strike ability.

    Old Trafford are boosted by the fact McNeill is a boyhood United fan and spent his early junior years there before jumping ship to City in 2014.

    His mouth-watering goal tally has been clocked up from his stints at both clubs.

  • 'ANI CHANCE OF A RETHINK?

    Edinson Cavani will NOT be joining Benfica in a boost to Leeds United, according to reports.

    The Uruguayan was rumoured to have held productive talks with the Portuguese giants ahead a of an imminent free transfer.

    But according to A Bola, no such meeting with club president Luis Filipe Vieira took place – with the former Paris Saint-Germain's star's wages a major stumbling block.

    The striker is believed to have been earning around £350,000-a-week at Parc des Princes – a sum that Benfica could get nowhere near.

    Cavani is currently a free agent, with his contract in Paris having expired on June 30, despite Thomas Tuchel's side contesting the Coupe de France final this evening, and Champions League next month.

    The 33-year-old has drawn admiring glances from around Europe, but perhaps most interestingly from newly-promoted Leeds United.

  • BREAKING

    Jordan Henderson has won the Football Writers' Association player of the year award.

  • OD MAN IN

    John Barnes has tipped Odsonne Edouard to succeed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at Arsenal.

    Gunners captain Aubameyang is out of contract next year and has yet to commit his future to the club.

    The Liverpool legend told BonusCodeBets: “Odsonne Edouard is the top striker in Scotland and if Aubameyang was to leave Arsenal, then they will be looking at Edouard’s situation.

    “However, if Aubameyang stays, then I don’t see him coming.

    “I think if you look at any of the top players in Scotland that they could come down to England and be a success.

    “He’s doing very well at the moment and could make the step up to the Premier League if he gets a move that’s right for him and works for how he plays.”

  • ANS IN HIS PANTS?

    Barcelona are keen to hold talks with wonderkid Ansu Fati as Manchester United intensity their transfer interest, according to reports.

    The 17-year-old's agent, Jorge Mendes, has informed Barca chiefs that the Red Devils are interested in landing the rapid winger.

    Mendes' tactics appear to be spreading panic among the Catalan side that they could lose their star in the future.

    Reports had mounted in Spain that Man Utd had tabled a bid around £90million for Fati which was rejected by Barcelona.

    And now the club are keen to hold talks with the player to ensure he commits his future at the Nou Camp alongside a whopping £274m release clause.

    Fati only signed his last contract last summer until 2022 with the option of two extra years.

  • WILL POWER

    Arsenal are “confident” of signing Willian from Chelsea, according to ESPN.

    The Brazilian would become the latest to make the switch from West to North London, following in the footsteps of Petr Cech and David Luiz in recent years.

    The winger is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge, but as he has proven under Frank Lampard, he could act as the perfect right-wing-back in Mikel Arteta’s 3-4-3 system.

    According to ESPN Brazil, Manchester United are also monitoring the situation, while Tottenham have also reportedly been interested.

    Willian has been offered a two-year deal at Chelsea but the 31-year-old wants a longer-term contract.

  • ED SCRATCHER

    Manchester United are reportedly set to reignite their pursuit for a director of football.

    The club’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward first looked at the position two years ago to help the Red Devils on the transfer front.

    It was previously reported that club chiefs had a renewed confidence in how potential targets are being identified following the success of January signing Bruno Fernandes.

    According to the Telegraph, Woodward has put the role back on his agenda but is yet to start the process of shortlisting the right candidates.

    However, the report adds that Henrique is still highly rated, as is Juventus’ Fabio Paratici.

    Atletico Madrid’s Andrea Berta is also among the sporting directors who may be tempted by a switch to United.

  • KEPA'S NO KEEPER

    Chelsea will not be able to challenge for the Premier League title with Kepa Arrizabalaga in goal, says Jamie Carragher.

    The Liverpool legend compared Frank Lampard's current charges to the Reds during Jurgen Klopp's first years at Anfield, when they struggled with Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius in goal.

    He told Sky Sports: “Chelsea won’t go no further unless they change their goalkeeper.

    “Going back to how important goalkeepers are I look at this Chelsea team and there’s a lot I like about it, it does remind me in a lot of ways the position Jurgen Klopp was in a couple of years ago.

    “[Lampard] has done as much as he can, yes Frank’s still in his early stages but those big signings can completely transform you as a team.”

  • MUSTANG SALI

    William Saliba has compared joining Arsenal to a whirlwind romance.

    Describing joining the Gunners, he said: “I fell for Arsenal from the start. A number of French players have been there.

    “Arsenal has not been at the top of its game for the last three, four years.

    “But, like St Etienne, its badge, its history and its fans made me want it.

    “I have a crush on Arsenal. What it gives off speaks to me.

    “I had no hesitation. I am discovering another world.”

  • WHY ALWAYS C?

    Mario Balotelli is in talks with Italian THIRD TIER outfit Como over a potential transfer move.

    The former Manchester City and Liverpool star is due to be released by Brescia just 12 months into his three-year deal.

    Massimo Cellino, the Serie A side’s owner, had a public falling out with the 29-year-old and now wants to activate a clause in his contract that enables him to rip up his deal after a season.

    Now with Balotelli set to become a free agent, ambitious Serie C club Como have moved quickly to try and pull off a huge coup.

    Como chief executive Michael Gandler told Football Italia: “There’s been some contact between the two parties.

    “His representatives sat down to listen to us. I can’t say any more than that.”

  • NUTS FOR JADON

    Jesse Lingard has followed Marcus Rashford by calling for Jadon Sancho to join for Manchester United this summer.

    Speaking in his role as ambassador for American Pistachio Growers, the midfielder said: “Jadon is a brilliant player. It is obviously up to him.

    “I’ve seen him with England, I’ve seen his qualities and I feel like he’d be a great addition to any team.”

    That follows on from Rashford, who said in April: “It would be good. Sancho’s a great player and he’s like a new generation player.

    “It’s definitely exciting to watch him become the player he’s becoming.

    “Hopefully we can all play together, that would be good.”

  • EAGLES SWOOP FOR SAKA

    Nigeria have stepped up their efforts to lure Bukayo Saka away from the England team.

    The Arsenal star, 18, has represented the Three Lions at youth level – but remains torn over where his international future lies.

    Saka is eligible to play for England or Nigeria as he was born in London and has Nigerian parents.

    The Daily Mail claim Nigeria are prepared to fast-track Saka into their first-team.

    But he has played for England at Under-16, Under-17, Under-18 and Under-19 levels.

    And he is on track to break into Gareth Southgate's senior squad following his remarkable spell of form.

  • JOSE'S NEW SPECIAL ONE

    Chelsea’s urgent need for a new centre-back has reportedly led them to Atletico Madrid star Jose Gimenez.

    Declan Rice and Kalidou Koulibaly have also been linked with the Blues following their poor defensive displays this season.

    Only seven Premier League teams have let in more goals than Chelsea this campaign, hampering their bid for a top-four finish.

    According to the Telegraph, club scouts have taken a look at Uruguay international Gimenez during his starring spell since the restart.

    The 25-year-old was a regular in Diego Simeone's team as they comfortably secured Champions League football after a rocky start to the season.

    Frank Lampard is said to see Gimenez as a positive solution with his height and aerial ability a key factor.

  • NEV'S RED WARNING

    Gary Neville reckons Manchester United will struggle to make a title charge next season.

    He told Sky Sports: “I don't think this Manchester United team at this moment can challenge for the title this season.

    “It needs more additions and more of the right additions.

    “To be fair to Ole, in the time he has been at the club, I think the players he has brought in have improved his team enormously.

    “I think that he needs three or four more of those as a minimum before he can even think about getting up into third or second place.

    “My concern isn't really for the front three or the midfield three, it's the depth and the drop that you have beneath that talent.”

  • EDIN IN ANOTHER DIRECTION

    Benfica are reportedly closing in on a deal for Leeds target Edinson Cavani.

    The newly-promoted Whites have spoken of ambitious moves for the Paris Saint-Germain striker and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, both of which are due to become free agents.

    However Cavani's half-brother and agent Walter Guglielmone is said to have been holding talks with Benfica.

    Uruguayan journalist Sebas Giovanelli has described the first meeting as ending very positively with a second round of talks already underway.

    Benfica club president Luis Filipe Vieira has reportedly been present at the negotiations with the player's representative, before the addition of various directors.

  • HE WANTS TO 'GO

    Bayern Munich have warned Liverpool midfielder Thiago won't leave on the cheap as they hold out for £36million.

    The Spaniard, 29, has already told chiefs at the Bundesliga champions that he wants to team up with Jurgen Klopp as he seeks a new challenge.

    Liverpool have reportedly had a £23m bid rejected and are reluctant to go any higher with Thiago's contract expiring next summer.

    Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed the player has asked to leave the club but warns suitors they have to reach their asking price.

    Speaking at Leroy Sane's unveiling, he said: “He wants to leave this summer.

    “But I have to say honestly, the fees that circulate in the media, I have to laugh at that.”

  • POPE CHECKS

    Chelsea are interested in signing Burnley shot-stopper Nick Pope to replace the struggling Kepa Arrizabalaga.

    Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak, Ajax's Andre Onana and Man Utd's Dean Henderson are all on the Blues' radar.

    But according to website 90min.com, a source has confirmed that England keeper Pope is also on their list.

    The 28-year-old has impressed Frank Lampard's backroom staff, with the club conducting background checks on him ahead of a potential bid.

  • GOOD MORNING FOOTY TRANSFER FANS

    Manchester United are reportedly considering a shock summer swoop for PSG anchorman Idrissa Gueye.

    According to Le10 Sport, United are preparing to make a move for the Senegalese star after being linked during his Everton days.

    But the Red Devils are yet to make a concrete offer for the experienced midfielder, who turns 31 in September.

    Meanwhile, Chelsea must meet Jan Oblak's £109million release clause if they want to sign him this summer.

    The Daily Mail claims Atletico Madrid will not entertain negotiations for their star man.

    Oblak is widely regarded as the best goalkeeper in world football.

    And Chelsea will have to pay his full buyout if they want him to replace Kepa Arrizabalaga.

    The Blues have also reportedly scouted Atletico Madrid star Jose Gimenez.

    The Telegraph claims the Uruguayan could be the man to shore up Frank Lampard’s defence this summer.

    Finally, Arsenal are weighing up a shock move for Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz.

    90min claims the Brazilian could be heading to the Emirates this summer regardless of whether Villa stay in the Premier League.

    Luiz has been one of their best players this term and could be rewarded with a move to Mikel Arteta's side.

    However, he could yet end up at former club Man City, who are considering triggering his buy-back clause.

  • HEY BIG SPENDER

    Man Utd will not challenge for the title next season unless they spend big this summer, claims Gary Neville.

    He told Sky Sports: “I don't think this Manchester United team at this moment can challenge for the title this season.

    “It needs more additions and more of the right additions.

    “I think that he needs three or four more of those as a minimum before he can even think about getting up into third or second place.

    “My concern isn't really for the front three or the midfield three, it's the depth and the drop that you have beneath that talent.”

Source: Read Full Article