Is it easy to cancel your Netflix subscriptions? Here's how!
From Schitt’s Creek and Bridgerton to Selling Sunset and Tiger King, it’s safe to say Netflix has kept us occupied the last few years.
However, with the cost of living crisis leaving households strapped for cash and a whole host of streaming competitors, the service has seen a significant drop in subscribers.
New figures from Kantar reveal that more than 1.5 million people have cancelled their subscriptions to the likes of Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+ and Now.
There’s no shortage of free binge-worthy TV on the BBC, ITV and other channels.
So, whether you’ve seen everything the streaming service has to offer or are simply using it as a way to save money, we’ll show you exactly how to cancel Netflix.
How to cancel your Netflix account
Unlike many subscription services, cancelling your Netflix account is quick and easy.
You must actively cancel your subscription as just deleting the app from your devices won’t stop you getting charged.
The following method explains how to use your computer or laptop to cancel.
- First, open your account and click the arrow at the top right corner of the page – it should be next to your profile name.
- After selecting this, click on the Account section.
- This will show an option saying Membership and Billing.
- Underneath this, will be a grey box with the option of cancelling your subscription.
- Once you’ve clicked this, you’ll have the option to select Finish Cancellation.
- This will confirm that you’ve cancelled and tell you how many days you have left of the month you’ve already paid for.
A follow-up email from Netflix will then usually tell you what day the on-demand content will no longer be available on your account – usually with the option of opting back in if you’ve changed your mind.
So, not only is the process straightforward, but you’ll also be able to watch all of its great shows, documentaries and films until your access is removed.
What is the cheapest Netflix subscription price?
While cancelling your Netflix subscription can save you over £100 each year, you don’t necessarily have to say goodbye to the streaming service.
If, like many, you signed up many moons ago, you may not be aware of the other price plans it has.
Netflix’s Basic plan costs £6.99 each month rather than its Standard £10.99 monthly subscription.
And, while you may only be getting shows in 480p resolution, as opposed to the usual 1080p, you’ll still have access to your favourite shows for £48 less each year.
There is a possibility of Netflix offering a new and cheaper subscription package that will show adverts.
The service’s CEO Reed Hastings said in a recent quarterly earnings call with investors: ‘Allowing consumers who would like to have a lower price, and are advertising-tolerant, get what they want, makes a lot of sense.’
At the moment, there’s no advertising at all on the service.
Can I cancel Netflix on my phone?
If you’ve just remembered you wanted to cancel your Netflix subscription and you’re on the go, don’t worry as you can cancel Netflix using your phone or tablet.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the official Netflix app, click on the tab which says More and select Account
- This should open a new web page on your device
- It will send you directly to your details, including billing information, and as you scroll down, there should be a Cancel Membership option.
- Click the button, and it’ll give you a summary of when your current subscription will end if you cancel.
- If you want to proceed, click Finish Cancellation and you’re all done
Is it free to cancel Netflix?
It is completely free to cancel Netflix – there is no contractual obligation.
You pay by the month, so if you decide to cancel, your account will stop billing you at the end of the one you’ve currently paid for.
You will be also able to resubscribe anytime in the future if you change your mind.
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
Source: Read Full Article