Chilling moment ‘incel’ mass shooter roamed streets with shotgun during 8 minute rampage that killed five in Plymouth | The Sun

THIS is the chilling moment a shooter roamed the streets with a shotgun before killing five people in a eight-minute rampage.

Three-year-old Sophie Martyn, her father, Lee, 43, Stephen Washington, 59, and Kate Shepherd, 66, all died in the horror.

Shooter Jake Davison, 22, also killed his 51-year-old mother Maxine before turning the gun on himself in Plymouth, Devon.

Footage has now been released of the killer stalking the streets during the bloody attack.

Davison can be seen clutching the legally-held firearm after picking out "wholly innocent" strangers at random.

On August 12, 2021, Davison first shot his mum after a row broke out.

Read more news

House where pregnant mum and three children were murdered to be demolished

People said I murdered my daughter & threw body in lake – but truth was chilling

He then killed Lee and Sophie in Biddick Drive, Keyham, before blasting dog walker Stephen.

After killing Kate as she walked in a nearby street, Davison shot himself as armed police were scrambled.

CCTV and audio of 999 calls played to the inquest show how the gruesome rampage unfolded in a matter of minutes.

At 6.05pm, Maxine's sister Marlene called the emergency services, saying: "Her son has got mental health problems. He has grabbed her by the throat and is not messing around."

Most read in The Sun


BBC1's live FA Cup coverage hit by porn noises from mobile hidden by prankster


Three major energy suppliers paying you to turn off appliances tonight


Major bar chain to close on Mondays and Tuesdays due to rocketing energy bills


Gran's tribute to girl, 4, & mum killed after being hit by ‘racing Audi'

Davison then leaves the home at 6.08pm after blasting his mother twice.

A minute later, little Sophie was gunned down with dad Lee as she pushed her teddy in a buggy.

The killer shot Lee three times and his daughter once – firstly at a range of 20m and then at 1m.

Horrified neighbours then begin calling 999 to report the shooting after hearing a "bang".

One said: "He is shooting everywhere."

Davison then shoots Stephen twice before turning the gun on Kate at 6.13pm.

His entire shooting spree lasts eight minutes between Davison killing his mum and his final victim.

He was seen at 6.24pm on CCTV blasting himself in the throat with his shotgun.

Police bodycam footage captures the moment he ends his life with an officer heard shouting "A man has shot himself in the head."

Investigator David Miller, case officer with major crimes team, told the hearing: "A maximum of eight minutes elapsed between the first and last shooting."

The bloodbath unfolded just weeks after Davison's shotgun and gun licence had been returned by Devon and Cornwall Police.

Officers had removed the weapons in 2020 after the killer assaulted two teenagers in a park.

Davison had applied for a shotgun certificate in July 2017 and one was issued in January 2018 that was valid for five years.

A criminal probe was previously launched by the Independent Office for Police Conduct into Devon and Cornwall Police's firearms licensing unit.

Two members of staff have since been served with gross misconduct notices and an officer has been given with a misconduct notice.

Yesterday, the families of the victims spoke of their torment following the horror.

Lee's wife Rebecca Martyn paid tribute to her ex-footballer husband, who had trials in his youth for Bayer Leverkusen and Watford.

Rebecca, who also had a son with Lee, praised her daughter Sophie as "Daddy's Princess".

Recalling the horror in August 2021, she said she received a text at 7.14pm from a pal saying something was going on.

Worried Rebecca tried getting hold of Lee nine times and "started to get worried" so walked to the police cordon where an officer wrote her details down.

Around 30 minutes later, the police called to say they were coming to her home where they later broke the devastating news.

Kate's husband also recalled how he discovered she had been shot when he went to look for her.

John Shepherd said he was concerned she had not returned home from a walk as their sons were visiting with their newborn grandchildren.

He told the inquest he messaged and called her but there was no answer so he went looking for her.

John tragically found his wife of 40 years dying on the ground.

He said: "There were screens around her, and I could only see her feet. I wasn't allowed to get any closer as they were busy working on her.

"I told a female police officer that my wife Kate had not returned home, I asked was it definitely her. I was told after a short time it was Kate."

While Sheila Washington told the court her husband Stephen's final words to her were "see you in a bit, won't be long" as he left to walk the dogs.

She said shortly after she heard bangs before one of the dogs came running in the house shaking with her lead still attached.

After Davison's death, it was suggested the crane operator had a grim obsession with "incel" culture.

The term refers to "involuntary celibates" with the movement labelled a "hate" group as many followers believe they are owed sex by women.

Incels believe they have no possibility of finding a partner to get love, validation or acceptance from.

In turn, this makes some Incels want to strike out at the world because they have been rejected by girls, while others blame attractive men for their perceived problems.

The inquest continues.

Read More on The Sun


I’m a speed camera officer… here are three myths drivers always get wrong


You’re charging your iPhone wrong – how to make it charge much faster

Source: Read Full Article