Funeral announced for Weld County deputy Alex Hein-Nutz, who was killed in hit and run
The funeral for a Weld County Sheriff’s deputy who was killed by a hit-and-run driver will be held Saturday in Loveland. The service is not open to the public, but it will be live-streamed. People are urged to line portions of a procession route in tribute to the deputy.
The funeral service for Deputy Alexis Hein-Nutz will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Foundations Church, 1380 Denver Ave., the sheriff’s office announced. Foundations Church will live-stream the funeral on its website.
Hein-Nutz, 24, who served with the sheriff’s office since 2018, was struck and killed in a hit-and-run crash Sunday outside Greeley. She was riding her motorcycle to work when she was hit.
A suspect, Norberto Garcia-Gonzales, 35, has been arrested on investigation of leaving the scene of an accident involving death and careless driving resulting in death.
On Saturday the Hein-Nutz family will be escorted to the church by Weld County Sheriff’s Office in a multi-agency law enforcement procession, including a motorcycle entourage.
The procession will depart at 8:45 a.m. from the Weld County Jail, 2110 O St., in Greeley, where she worked. The route is as follows:
- West on O Street to North 25th Avenue.
- South on North 25th Avenue to F Street.
- West on F Street to North 35th Avenue.
- South on North 35th Avenue to West 10th Street (U.S. 34 Business in Greeley).
- West on West 10th Street to U.S. 34.
- West on U.S. 34 (East Eisenhower Boulevard in Loveland) to North Denver Avenue.
- South on North Denver Avenue to East 13th Street.
- West on East 13th Street to Des Moines Avenue.
- North on Des Moines Avenue to Foundations Church parking lot.
The sheriff’s office welcomes the public to line portions of the route to “pay their respects to Deputy Hein-Nutz.” A private burial will take place in her hometown of Bismarck, N.D.
Memorial donations are being accepted through the sheriff’s office Mounted Posse and will help her family with expenses. Checks can be dropped off or mailed to the sheriff’s headquarters, 1950 O St., Greeley, 80631. Contributors are asked to note Deputy Alexis Hein-Nutz in the memo. The contributions are a 501(c)(3) tax exemption. Contributors should include their name, address and phone number to receive a tax letter.
Source: Read Full Article