Get OUT! North Korea sends final warning to South Korea – rivals search for official’s boy

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

South Korea’s Coast Guard and Navy have been searching the sea area of the Northern Limit Line between the north and south for the 47-year-old official who went missing on Monday. On Tuesday, South Korea claimed the North shot dead a fisheries official and burned his body. The North said the South Korean official was an “illegal intruder” and they had burned “floating material” rather than the official’s body.

North Korea then demanded the South halt the search operations and warned them against any encroachment into its maritime territory.

North Korea’s official Korean Central News Agency said: “We can never overlook any intrusion into our territorial waters and we seriously warn the south side against it.

“We urge the south side to immediately halt the intrusion across the military demarcation line in the west sea that may lead to escalation of tensions.”

The demarcation line between the north and south has been in place since the end of the Korean civil war, but the North has always argued the line should be redrawn further south.

South Korean authorities have insisted they are conducting the search in their own territorial waters.

A military official in Seoul said the maritime search was being conducted “normally”.

The official said: “We are also carrying out activities to monitor dozens of Chinese fishing vessels as they are operating near the Northern Limit Line.”

South Korean investigators are currently restoring two surveillance cameras on the boat that the fisheries official had been on.

JUST INWorld War 3 alert: North Korean soldiers slaughter South Korean

It has been reported the two surveillance cameras had been out of order since September 18 and now authorities are checking if the cameras were broken on purpose.

At first, South Korean authorities said the man had entered North Korean waters in a possible attempt to defect, although his family denies that this was his motivation.

North Korea has said the 47-year-old was shot as part of its “shoot-to-kill” policy, put in place to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The North has been surprisingly candid about the details of the event.

DON’T MISS

Kim Jong-un death fears: North Korean leader dodged assassination [REPORT]
Suspected assassin of Kim Jong-nam ACTIVE in China [INSIGHT]
North Korea’s parade could include ICBM nuclear missile 
[ANALYSIS]

The regime announced more than 10 shots were fired at the man after he failed to reveal his identity and tried to flee North Korean waters.

However, the North insisted it had not burned the man’s body but rather the “floating material” that was carrying him.

North Korean account of events describe that its “troops could not locate the unidentified trespasser during a search after firing shots”.

The regime said they burned the floating device that the man was on, “under national emergency disease prevention measures”.

Source: Read Full Article