Man arrested over video footage taken in cordon during Nicola Bulley search

  • Bookmark
  • Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    A man has been arrested in connection with video footage apparently shot from inside a police cordon on the day the body of Nicola Bulley was found in the River Wyre in Lancashire.

    The 34-year-old man from Kidderminster, in Worcestershire, has been arrested on suspicion of malicious communications offences and perverting the course of justice in connection with the investigation to find Ms Bulley, Lancashire Constabulary said.

    The arrest relates to footage taken from inside a police cordon on February 19. The man was held on Wednesday morning with assistance from West Mercia Police, and has since been released on bail with conditions.

    In a statement, Lancashire Constabulary said: “Our priority is, and has always been, to support Nicola’s family and the wider community in St Michael’s. We hope this arrest provides reassurance that we take concerns seriously and will act on them,” .

    Nicola Bulley’s disappearance near the River Wyre on January 27 sparked a massive police search – and many well-meaning members of the public, as well as a number of so-called “TikTok detectives” became involved in the search for the missing mum.

    Mystery surrounded her last-known movements – with her phone being found, still logged in to a work conference call, on a bench near the river.

    The story became national news, and despite Lancashire Police’s insistence that the 45-year-old mortgage adviser had almost certainly fallen into the Wyre, numerous rival theories emerged, and would-be sleuths were found searching waste ground and unoccupied properties near to where her phone was found.

    A few days into the investigation, Lancashire Police were forced to issue a stern warning against “totally unacceptable” speculation and abuse on social media.

    On February 8, a specialist underwater search team that had been helping with the search for Nicola pulled out of the operation – saying that they believed “categorically” she was not in the section of the river where detectives believe she had fallen in.

    Eleven days later, Nicola’s body was found after a tipoff by members of the public. It was in the River Wyre, no more than a mile from where she was last seen walking her dog.

    For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

    • Crime
    • Missing Person
    • Police

    Source: Read Full Article