Manhattan DA opens probe into Schneiderman

The Manhattan District Attorney’s office said on Monday night that they were probing Attorney General Eric Schneiderman after explosive assault allegations were launched against him in a New Yorker article.

“Our office has opened an investigation into the recently reported allegations concerning Mr. Schneiderman,” said a spokesman for District Attorney Cy Vance.

A law enforcement source told The Post that according to allegations being levied against Schneiderman, the highest possible charge would likely be misdemeanor assault. A second source said another possible charge would could be harassment.

Oddly enough, Schneiderman had been looking into Vance’s office, concerning how he handled sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein in 2015.

Cuomo in March ordered a review of Vance’s office after allegations the district attorney dropped a sexual assault case brought by an Italian model against Weinstein.

The model accused Weinstein of grabbing her breasts, forcing her hand on his thigh and attempting to kiss her when she was 22 years old.

Schneiderman announced his resignation Monday night just hours after a story was published that said he routinely abused women physically and emotionally during relationships.

Two of the woman were on the record and gave damning descriptions of Schneiderman’s predatory behavior.

Source: Read Full Article