Royal baby boy branded 'a porker' by Kay Burley live on Sky News when his 8lb 7oz weight is revealed
The telly frontwoman blurted it out after the announcement the Duchess of Cambridge had a healthy 8lbs 7oz baby boy this morning.
Fifth-in-line to the throne, the newborn son of Prince William and Kate is the heaviest of the royal couple's babies.
He is one ounce heavier than older Brother Prince George's birth weight of 8lbs 6oz — and four ounces heavier than sister Princess Charlotte was.
But the tot is just a pound weightier than the average newborn in the UK of 7lbs 7oz.
Sky News' royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills broke news of the royal baby outside St Mary's Hospital's Lindo Wing in Central London.
READ MORE: Our coverage of the baby boy's arrival
- Holly Willoughby today used a 'psychic banana' to correctly predict Kate Middleton would give birth to a baby boy
- Another couple who welcomed a newborn today found themselves snapped by the world's media on the steps of the Lindo Wing
- Now that we know the tot is a boy – what will his name be?
- Princess Charlotte has made history as the first royal female to retain her claim to the throne
- The new baby was born at 11.01am – find out all the details from the birth
- Eager fans have camped outside the hospital for days in the hopes they will catch a glimpse of the baby
- We took a look inside the Lindo Wing, where Kate has given birth to all three of her children
Laughing Kay, 57, then turned to camera and said excitedly: "Thank you! It's a boy, it's a boy – we're all very excited".
The presenter, who also stood outside the Lindo Wing for the birth of Prince George in 2013 and Princess Charlotte in 2015, then quickly pointed out its weight.
She said: "It's another porker, again!"
Puzzled viewers then picked up on her comment and questioned it on social media.
Barry Tinto tweeted: "Did I hear that right Kay burley just call the the arrival of the prince as 'another little porker'".
One viewer wrote: "Why does Kay Burley keep saying the #royalbaby is a 'porker' and a 'beast'???? 8Ib is average nowadays for babies."
Another angry watcher said: "Kay Burley said he was a porker which I thought was rude".
Veteran anchor Kay had predicted almost the exact pattern of events after it was announced this morning that Kate Middleton had gone into labour.
She said: "The second baby was born very quickly – Charlotte was in and out the same day so I'm going to make a prediction.
"It's a very bad idea as I've got both wrong before but I'm going to make a prediction that the baby will be born before lunchtime and we will see that baby on the steps behind us by 6pm this evening.
"I'm not going to bet my house on it but I'll take a tenner off you."
The baby was born at 11:01am and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge left hospital at 5:52pm this evening.
Source: Read Full Article