Sussexes branded ‘Harry and Gag’em’ as expert says ‘respond with humour’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been slammed over their response to a recent South Park episode as an expert says they should respond with "good humour".
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were reimagined as the moaning Prince and Princess of Canada in the second episode of the controversial cartoon's 26th series, The Worldwide Privacy Tour.
Following the release of the episode last week (February 15), the disgruntled ex-royals were quick to deny rumours that their legal teams were "casting an eye" over the controversial clip, but made their distaste for the show clear – a move that brand guru and Superbrands founder Marcel Knobil slammed.
READ MORE: Harry and Meghan should be 'flattered' at being 'butt of the joke' in South Park
"A lawsuit would have only reinforced a perception that Harry and Meghan are taking themselves far too seriously and earnestly," Knobil told the Daily Star.
"Just as Nadim Zahawi was lambasted by many for using his considerable funds to attempt to gag the truth, Harry and Meghan must be very cautious about inviting the same criticism.
"Not only will the label 'Woe Is Me-ghan' become even more suitable, but so might 'Harry and Gag'em'."
The Worldwide Privacy Tour saw the caricatured couple hold up placards that read "We want our privacy!!" and "Stop looking at us!".
Even Harry's memoir, Spare, wasn't safe from scrutiny and was reimagined as "Waaagh" with an eerily similar cover to the original autobiography.
King Charles 'could strongarm Harry and Meghan into dropping royal titles', warns expert
It was initially believed the pair's legal teams were going to look into the episode after royal commentator Neil Sean claimed the clip could have "ramifications".
"According to sources close to the ex-royals, it appears that, like so many things with Meghan and Harry, this may have legal ramifications attached," he told Fox News last week.
"Their legal team are casting an eye over the episode to see what is wrong, and what could be turned into something more sinister."
However, the pair have since shut down the claims, with their representatives calling the rumours "baseless and boring".
A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told People magazine: "It's all frankly nonsense. Totally baseless, boring reports."
But sources claimed that the Duchess of Sussex was still left "upset and overwhelmed" by the "brutal" episode and is struggling to see the funny side.
And this isn't the only brush with the law the couple has faced recently after it was revealed Meghan's brand could be damaged after her half-sister, Samantha Markle, brought a lawsuit against her over claims she made during her sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey back in 2021.
When asked how the couple should deal with mounting scrutiny in the wake of the episode, Knobil told the Daily Star their best strategy would be "to respond with good humour and grace."
He added: "The episode will be yet one more reinforcement of the growing criticism of the previously glowing couple. It is another piece of the increasingly repeated narrative that Harry and Meghan are an over-privileged, under-informed, still too titled and far too entitled couple.
"Over time, these collective commentaries gradually accumulate in the mind of the public and serve to turn them against the couple."
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Meghan started 'domino effect' by 'burning bridges first' before Harry, says expert
Meghan Markle on brink of 'humiliation' as half-sister's lawsuit threatens brand
Private snaps of Princess Diana and King Charles with baby William to be auctioned off
Meghan Markle denies feeling 'embarrassed' following Prince Harry's memoir
Source: Read Full Article