What horses is Frankie Dettori riding at Breeders' Cup 2023? | The Sun
THE Breeders' Cup returns on Friday – and horse racing icon Frankie Dettori will be competing for the huge prize money on offer.
Back in December 2022, the Italian was planning on hanging up his boots after this year's huge showpiece in Santa Anita.
BREEDERS' CUP – BEST FREE BETS AND SIGN UP OFFERS
However, since then, Dettori has made a retirement U-turn and will continue racing in the US following the conclusion of the 2023 racing season.
The 52-year-old told The Telegraph: "I am simply not ready to retire completely.
"I’m still enjoying riding and want to carry on for a while on the international circuit."
READ MORE IN HORSE RACING
All about Frankie Dettori's daughter Ella
Frankie Dettori sounds alarm over his biggest Breeders' Cup ride
He went on to add: "Obviously I’ve told everyone over the past year that I’d be staying my last goodbyes on the tracks, but I feel like I can do a bit more in the US.
"I had an absolutely amazing time there last winter. That’s it, basically."
Dettori last won a Breeders' Cup race way back in 2018, winning the Breeders' Cup Turf on Enable.
But what horses is the Italian icon riding this year?
Most read in Horse Racing
This 14-1 chance can defy the odds in a wide open contest
My 9-2 NAP can benefit from having Arc-winning rider take charge
‘CAN’T BE CONFIDENT’
Frankie Dettori sounds alarm over his biggest Breeders’ Cup ride
Racecourses underwater with mass cancellations setting in as Storm Ciaran batters UK
What horses is Frankie Dettori riding at Breeders' Cup 2023?
Here are all the horses Frankie Dettori will be riding over the two-day Breeders' Cup spectacle:
Friday 3rd November
- 9pm GMT/5pm ET – Sarlust in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
- 10:20pm GMT/6.20pm ET – Mo Fox Given in the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
- 11:40pm GMT/7.40pm ET – Unquestionable in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf
Saturday 4th November
- 7:10pm GMT/3.10pm ET – Inspiral in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf
- 9:50pm GMT/5.50pm ET – King Of Steel in the Breeders' Cup Turf
- 10:40pm GMT/6.40pm ET – Zandon in the Breeders' Cup Classic
FULL Breeders' Cup schedule
Friday 3rd November
- 9pm GMT/5pm ET – Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint
- 9:40pm GMT/5.40pm ET – Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies
- 10:20pm GMT/6.20pm ET – Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf
- 11pm GMT/7pm ET – Breeders' Cup Juvenile
- 11:40pm GMT/7.40pm ET – Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf
Saturday 4th November
- 6:30pm GMT/2.30pm ET – Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile
- 7:10pm GMT/ 3.10pm ET – Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf
- 7:50pm GMT/ 3.50pm ET – Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare
- 8:30pm GMT/4.30pm ET – Breeders' Cup Mile
- 9:10pm GMT/ 5.10pm ET – Breeders' Cup Distaff
- 9:50pm GMT/ 5.50pm ET – Breeders' Cup Turf
- 10:40pm GMT/ 6.40pm ET – Breeders' Cup Classic
- 11:25pm GMT/ 7.25pm ET – Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint
- 12am GMT/ 8pm ET – Breeders' Cup Sprint
Frankie Dettori's Breeders' Cup winners
- 1994 – Barathea (Breeders Cup Mile)
- 1999 – Daylami (Breeders Cup Turf)
- 2001 – Fantastic Light (Breeders Cup Turf)
- 2004 – Wilko (Breeders Cup Juvenile)
- 2006 – Ouija Board (Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf)
- 2006 – Red Rocks (Breeders Cup Turf)
- 2008 – Raven’s Pass (Breeders Cup Classic)
- 2008 – Donativum (Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf)
- 2009 – Pounced (Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf)
- 2010 – Dangerous Midge (Breeders Cup Turf)
- 2014 – Hootenanny (Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf)
- 2016 – Queen’s Trust (Breeders Cup Filly & Mare Turf)
- 2018 – Expert Eye (Breeders Cup Mile)
- 2018 – Enable (Breeders Cup Turf)
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Source: Read Full Article